1. More isn’t always better– There is a fine line between sharing and over-sharing just like in text messaging and tweeting. To avoid your content losing its value, limit your press releases to one or two per month. It is better to distribute a limited number of engaging releases.
2. Know your audience– If you want to maximize the impact of your releases, you need to know who you are trying to reach. When distributing a release keep your target audience in mind and focus your efforts on the outlets that your audience will look to for news and information.
3. Integrate multimedia– Adding images, videos and info graphics to your release will make it more memorable and engaging.
4. Create buzz– More people are turning to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google+ for news and information. They are also using these outlets to share and discuss information with others. Take advantage of social sites to increase visibility and engagement.
5. Use reports to your advantage– Data can provide you with valuable information about the effectiveness of a release. Many newswire services offer reports that give you access to metrics regarding visibility, engagement and reach.
Press release are still one of the most effective and efficient ways to distribute information. Incorporating these practices into your communication strategy will ensure that you are enhancing the impact of your release and reaching the right people.